Monday, February 6, 2012

Foundation Smack Down #2

My sister called me the other day to tell me she had found the best foundation from Chanel.
(You can get at Nordstrom) I went out that week to buy it and see how it held up to Makeup Forever. Makeup Forever is a foundation that many makeup artist use. (Sephora)

The Chanel is awesome! I loved the color's it came in.  I got a color that had a bit of a rose tint, my face has a lot of pink in it.
 I love the way it goes on and the coverage.
It does not feel like you are wearing foundation which is a plus for most of us.
The price was a little on the steep side, $50.00
I can already tell that it will last me a while, you only need to use a little.
If you want to try this, but don't want to spend the money, go to the counter and ask for a sample in the color that you want.  They ALWAYS give samples.
It was nice to try the Chanel, because it did not stick to my dry skin. My skin looked moist and dewy.
I would recommend this foundation.

Makeup Forever is also awesome, but the problem I had with this makeup is, at Sephora they had a hard time matching my face to the foundation.  Three different workers tried and failed. That is not the makeup's fault, but it seems most worker at Sephora don't know what they are doing. 
I found the color that matched my skin. I got a sample and have been using it for awhile.  The problem I have, my skin is SO DRY! Makeup Forever had a hard time covering my dry skin and it would flake. I hate that!
Makeup Forever is about $45.00 
It was nice to try the Chanel, because it did not stick to my dry skin. 
My skin looked moist and dewy.
My vote goes to Chanel!

Don't get me wrong, my all time favorite foundation is still Perfect Match from Loreal, but I
cant use that to much either in the winter because of my skin.

Thanks Jeannine for the great recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment