Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Top 5 Makeup Brushes To Get You Started

All of these are Mac brushes.  You don't have to use Mac brushes to get started.  You can go to Walmart or Target and get these types of brushes.  If you want to invest in brushes from Mac (which are the best) then do so slowly so you are not spending a fortune on brushes that you will never use.

The top brush is a powder brush.  It is big and fluffy.  It will help your powder go on smooth as long as you PAT the powder on your face.

The next brush is for applying color to your cheeks. Put the color on your brush and start at the apple of your cheek and flick upwards.  If you want a real natural look make sure you don't suck in your cheeks and then go up and down on the cheek bone, that is only for really dramatic looks.

Next is the blending brush.  I have to have this one.  If you like to wear eyeshadow you need this brush.  In school you learn that you can NEVER blend your shadow to much and this brush will do all the work for you.  Hold it at the end and using windshield wiping motions go back and forth over the shadow.  I usually count while I am doing it.  I will put on one color and the blend for 15 counts and then do the next shadow and then do 15 counts, it does not matter how many colors you use with each other, the key is BLENDING!

The next brush is small and a bit stiff.  I use this to put an all over color on my lids (such as a base color) I use this all the time and cant live with out it.

Last is the crease brush.  If you really want a defined color in your crease this is the one that you will want to use.  After you have applied the color onto your crease then that is when you want to take your blending brush and blend, blend, blend!

When looking at Target or other stores make sure you ready what the brush tells you.  Each brush package will tell you if it is a blending brush or a powder brush. Make sure you check it before you buy it.

I have had a few people ask me to put up a video showing how to use brushes.  Maybe next week I will try that, if you think it will be helpful.  Let me know What you think.

When I talk about blending, this is the effect that you want.  Not so dramatic, look and see how each color fades into the next color.

No comments:

Post a Comment